Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Want It NOW!

When was the last time you saw something you wanted? Do you need it? Yes, I need it! Can you afford it? (dah!). But, what about…? I want it! Why? Because… You just …? I want it! Does it ever end? I want it, I want it, I want it! Endless wants…

Well, excuse me, isn't that human nature?

Human beings have endless wants naturally - It's within all of us. Someone asked Sir Edmund, “Why do you want to climb Mt. Everest?” He said, “Because it’s there.

Without this burning desire in the pit of each of our stomachs, driving us on - to grab the golden ring, to buy the new I-Pod, to “move on up,” enabling the human race to want to: improve ourselves, make things better, faster, bigger, fancier; build a better mouse trap, get the newest model… blah blah blah. Without this trait, I think we would all still be stuck in a stone-age cave somewhere.

"I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is – and it's me." Homer Simpson

No comments:


Where is Augustine's "City on the Hill" and who lives there?
And perhaps more importantly: How do they live - with each other?

不知彼,不知己,每戰必殆 (孫子)

(If you don't know yourself and if you don't know your enemy,
then you are in for a world of hurt!)


γνῶθι σεαυτόν (Δελφοί)

“I couldn’t imagine this ... world.
Hell is so big and dark and heaven is so small." HJM

"the U.S. has a little manifest destiny over here,
and a little more manifest destiny over there..."

___________________________________________

How About a Bill of Responsibilities Rather Than A Bill of Rights

What if we chose the wrong religion?
Each week we'd just make God madder and madder.