Tuesday, September 8, 2009

ABC Can You Believe?



Even mainstream might be getting nervous.


Personally I like this approach: I think congress should pass the law to give everyone all the health care they need and want. This will make the bleeding hearts happy.

The doctors will get paid by the same people who are paying the auto dealers for all the "cash for clunkers" they took in (but haven't seen a dime for yet), so the doctors will all go bankrupt and say "what the hell am I doing this for?" They will quit because they can't pay their bills. We will then all be entitled to the same care no one can get. So the far right will be happy.

We can then all take mid-afternoon naps, elect a famous model for the next president, drink ourselves into a contented stupor (our money will have no value so you better learn how to make your own) and join Mexico. Then Mexico will be happy cause they got their land back.

Everyone wins, Olay!

2 comments:

Castaway said...

yAy!

Daniel Rea said...

I try to be compassionate and to treat others as hope to be. As an atheist I do realize my cultural lens is tainted by the Judeo-Christian-Islamic ethics.
Using the argument that health care is a "right" though, sits uncomfortably in my mind as I digest the statement.
In the US Constitution I find no mention of health care. I do believe in charity though, and County hospitals in the US NEVER turn out a patient in need of life saving medical treatment.
I challenge any person to find such a case.


Where is Augustine's "City on the Hill" and who lives there?
And perhaps more importantly: How do they live - with each other?

不知彼,不知己,每戰必殆 (孫子)

(If you don't know yourself and if you don't know your enemy,
then you are in for a world of hurt!)


γνῶθι σεαυτόν (Δελφοί)

“I couldn’t imagine this ... world.
Hell is so big and dark and heaven is so small." HJM

"the U.S. has a little manifest destiny over here,
and a little more manifest destiny over there..."

___________________________________________

How About a Bill of Responsibilities Rather Than A Bill of Rights

What if we chose the wrong religion?
Each week we'd just make God madder and madder.